image courtesy of Mehmet Yüce
The top end of Taxim square, currently occupied by the Ataturk Cultural Centre, 1940s., buildings pulled down c. 1946. Main building was the residence of the German national Hügnen, General Manager of the Ottoman Bank and later the state railways and the building was later used by the city electricity authorities.
Rear view of the former Mecidiye (Taşkışla) Barracks, Taxim.
The Taxim Barracks after the victory of the constutional forces - further images of this battle:
The former Russian Hospital of Harbiye.
Looking down Halaskargi cad., Harbiye from Taxim, the right fork in the road leading towards Şişli, the left side towards Pangaltı.