The former British seamanís hospital in Alsancak, has suffered only minor alterations, now serving as the tourism school. In the period of around between the two world wars it served as the Italian run St. Antoine hospital.
photo courtesy of Onur Inal
photo courtesy of Onur Inal
photo courtesy of Andrew Simes, 2011
photo courtesy of Andrew Simes, 2011
photo courtesy of Andrew Simes, 2011
photo courtesy of Andrew Simes, 2011
photo courtesy of Andrew Simes, 2011
photo courtesy of Onur Inal
View of this building on the right in the past. During WWI, like many British institutions this building was taken over by the Germans - references to that are in Grace Williamsonís diary (19 Nov 1916): Below this hospital between WWI and WWII period, surrounded by the burnt zone of 1922 (from left: surgery, hospital, hospitalization).
photo courtesy of Linda Tito
photo courtesy of Linda Tito
Click to read an article on the history of this hospital by Linda Tito.