The former Capucin monastery
The ‘Orient’ monastery was built between 1881-1883 , closed around 1935, and used as a school for a year, then as a military barracks for 2 years, around 1950 a private high school followed by being used as a girls orphonage school, and still serving that function. The rollover shows the monks tending the front garden. Lower photo shows the building at a later stage, under Turkish authorities.
image courtesy of Fabio Tito
image courtesy of Achilleas Chatziconstantinou