The Bardisbanian house according to the author Evelyn Kalças, was built around 1880, the family members of whom apparently have emigrated to France, and is now part of the university property. According to the author Nedim Sönmez: “Firstly owned by the tradesman D.A. Bardisbanian, the house was taken over by the Gasparian family after the Bardisbanians’ emigration to France in the late 19th century. After its confiscation, the property was passed to the Treasury in 1949 and then to Ege University in 1990.” (Sönmez, 2010, The Levantine Mansions of Ege University, p. 54)